6th Grade Honors Language Arts - Grewe
Open allClose all
- This sectionTopic
monday, may 8th
persuasive writing 35 minutes, started first draft
spelling pg 81
tuesday, may 9th
started finding 2-3 facts to support their persuasive topic
wednesday, may 10th
put their persuasive topics on computer
filled out an outline on their persuasive writing topic
thursday, may 4th
correct spelling pg 76
spelling pg 78-80
wrote another persuasive piece
friday, may 5th
persuasive writing, picked their final topic and worked on first draft of
writing questions/sept. 12
* did you enjoy writing today? why?
* what did you like about your partner's piece?
* what questions could you ask her/him about their writing? (need 2 questions)
* what did your partner describe well in his/her writing?
writing topics questions: september 19th
* when did something strange or unusual happen to you?
* who is an unusual person you know? what's unusual about him or her?
* when did you feel really happy, really sad, or really afraid?
writing question/sept. 29th
* how did you try to get your readers' attention with your intriguing 1st paragraph?
* how do you describe the setting in your writing?
* what descriptive changes did you add or change to your characters?
* please give me a list of some of the descriptive words you added to your piece: ex. cool, damp weather
writing question/oct. 5th
* what is happening in each story?
* what's unusual about these stories?
* what is similar in how Barry Youngrau wrote "milk" and "journey"?
writing questions/oct. 27th
* why did you choose this piece to revise
* what can you imagine changing/adding to your piece?
* why did your partner select his/her draft?
* what is intriguing to you about your partner's draft?
writing questions/nov. 2nd
* what part of your partner's story do you like best?
* is there a confusing part to their story? if so, why is it confusing?
* in their story, have your partner show you their:
- "sounds" like section
- "looks" like
- "smells" or "tastes" like
- "feels" like
* what is the setting (time and place) of their story? is it described throughly?
writing questions 11/18
* what is happening in this story?
* where is it happening?
* what sounds to you hear? what do you smell?
* what do you see moving? how is it moving?
writing questions 11/30
* why did you choose this (event/memory/thing) to write about?
* what else do you remember about it that you can add to the narrative?
* what words are you using to describe what you (saw/heard/smelled/tasted/felt)?