6th Grade Honors Reading/LA - Rubado
- Daily AssignmentsThis topic
* Read 20 minutes every night. *
- Writing - Personal Narrative
Writing - Personal Narrative
- Reading - Unit 2: Exploring Expository Text
Reading - Unit 2: Exploring Expository Text
In this unit students explore the text structure of a variety of expository text and learn how to use the questioning strategy to make sense of what they read.
- Reading - Unit 3: Analyzing Literature
Reading - Unit 3: Analyzing Literature
In this unit students explore narrative text structure and analyze storied for relationships between character, plot, and setting. They continue to use questioning to make sense of what they read and decide if their questions are answered directly from the text or must be inferred.
- Reading - Unit 4: Inference in Literature and Poetry
Reading - Unit 4: Inference in Literature and Poetry
During this unit students make inferences to understand text and explore the difference between explicit and implicit meaning. They practice the visualizing strategy to understand what they read and continue to use questioning and text structure.
- Writing - Persuasive essay
Writing - Persuasive essay
- Reading Unit 5: Inferring about Causes and Effects
Reading Unit 5: Inferring about Causes and Effects
In this unit students make inferences to understand cause/effect relationships in narrative and expository text.
- Reading Unit 6: Analyzing expository text
Reading Unit 6: Analyzing expository text
Students explore ways in which nonfiction articles are organized. In addition to a continued study of cause/effect relationships, 6th graders explore the use of chronological and compare/contrast in expository text.
- Reading Unit 7: Exploring Important Ideas and Summarizing
Reading Unit 7: Exploring Important Ideas and Summarizing
6th graders practice determining the important ideas in a text and build summaries.
- Reading Unit 8: Synthesizing
Reading Unit 8: Synthesizing
In this unit students form opinions and make judgments about text using evidence.
- Writing - Fiction
Writing - Fiction
- Writing - Expository Nonfiction
Writing - Expository Nonfiction
- Writing - Poetry
Writing - Poetry
- Word Wisdom