Email Unit - 4 weeks
Wk 1: Accessing email & security
"How do I use my knowledge to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and transfer this knowledge to explore new technologies?"
The technology we will explore is EMAIL...
Wk 2: Appropriate use and audience
Wk 3: Writing a good email
Wk 4: Tech tools & practice
Email Unit: Week 1 - Accessing my Student Email Account
- Email accounts are private and require usernames and passwords which protect personal information. In the case of school district student accounts, the school assigns users their email addresses and passwords.
- I can log in to my school student email from both school and at home.
- Logging out of my chromebook at school automatically logs me out of my email account to. No one can access it then. If I am at home, I must sign out of email in the upper right corner, or I am not logged out.
Let's get to it!
Complete the following "I Can" activities. You will have five minutes to do so.
I can... (today's BTEOC):
- Log in to my student gmail account both ways listed in the video
- Move back and forth between google apps using the 3x3.
- BONUS: Compose and send Ms. Levasseur an email. Type the phrase "I did it" into the subject line. We will talk about how to write a good email another lesson. Work with your table mates to figure this out together. You can do it! Be AWESOME.
Once you've practiced this take the exit ticket below.
Creating your own TUTs (Tutorials) or Research Project Videos
PREP: Before we can start creating a tutorial or research project videos, we need to have the right tools to record what we are doing on our screen. We will be using a free screen-recording extension called Screencastify to do this. An Extension allows you to do something beyond or additional to what your app already does. In this case, it allows you to record what you are doing on your screen.
Example of a Screencastify Tut: credit: Tyler Wallinexample
Example of Screencastify used for student project: credit: Callie Ebnet
Let's download the Screencastify extension now:
1. Click this link to Screencastify
2. Click "add extension"